ON-THE-JOB TRAINING IN EUROPE
1.- IES Federico García Lorca School is located in Albacete (Spain) and it’s one of the largest secondary schools in Castilla-La Mancha, by number of students. Basic Vocational Training, Intermediate Vocational Cycles (CFGM) and Advanced Vocational Education (CFGS) are delivered in our school, focusing into two different Profesional families: Business Administration and Commerce, with a total of 1.055 vocational training students. The Erasmus Charter is available since 2009, as well as the ECHE 2014-2020 for superior scope mobilities. The aim of this project is to get mobilities to the Intermediate Vocational Cycles students in order to meet the needs of the students and the high school.
2.- The Intermediate Vocational training student’s mobilities Erasmus PRO to perform are 7: 3 in Ireland, 2 in Italy and 2 in France belonging to the same family of Business Administration and Commerce.
* Mobility of trainees in Dublin (Ireland): 3 Administration and Commerce students.
* Mobility of students for long training or internship programs in training centers (Italy) in ISS DaVinci-Agherbino and other associated companies: 2 Administration and Commerce students.
* Mobility of students for long training or internship programs in training centers (France) in Lycée Notre-Dame and other associated companies: 2 Administration and Commerce students.
3.- The Intermediate Vocational short training student’s mobilities for recently graduates to perform are 3: in Malta belonging to the same family of Business Administration and Commerce.
4.- The teacher’s mobilities to perform are 3: teachers belonging to the family of Administration and Commerce for training (job-shadowing) to be sent to Ireland (2) and Malta (1).
5.- Development plan:
* Areas for improvement: students (professional, personal, linguistic and social skills), and teachers (methodologies, improvement of teaching practice, linguistics and promotion of the use of ICTs in the classroom).
* The host partners enable the achievement of the proposed objectives as they complement the training of our students through good internships.
* The host partners will help us in the day-to-day management: accommodation, transport, monitoring of students, troubleshooting, etc.
* The pre-accomodation meetings to be held in the host countries, Ireland, France, Italy and Malta, are essential to get to know the companies and the destinations of the mobilities.
* Our high school has already a structure in operation for the management of European programs.
* Help students to get professional and personal skills.
* Carry out internships in EU companies that complement the training of our students.
* Improve the training of students through internships in companies and / or training centers.
* Improve the employability of students.
* Help teachers in scientific updating and encourage teaching innovation.
* Improve the foreign language competence of the participants.
* Recognize the mobilities made through the Europass documents.
* To get acquainted to other cultural realities.
* Improving the image of the vocational training center.
* Greater response and attention to the needs of disadvantaged people.
* Improvement in teaching practice.
* Establishment of stable relationships between the educational center and educational institutions and / or companies from other countries.
* Reciprocal training-development cooperation in administrative and commercial work.
* Exchange of good teaching practices.
8.- Estimated impact:
* Improvements in the training activities carried out in our educational center.
* Establishing collaborative agreements among our educational center and foreign companies.
* Share the project at local, provincial, autonomous and abroad levels.